We have implemented all regulatory measures in line with government advice and national guidelines.
All patients will have a virtual or telephone consultation before any face-to-face appointments are offered. This is to minimise hospital contact to as much as possible.
The safety of our patients and staff is always a priority and our procedures reflect this.
By using a combination of screening questions, temperature testing, social distancing and hygiene protocols, you will receive treatment in a safest possible environment.
Gloves, facemasks, and other PPE such as plastic aprons and face shields will be used as appropriate.
Regular disinfectant cleaning of surfaces is carried out in communal areas.
Within the consultation rooms there is thorough cleansing of seating and treatment areas between each patient.
Whilst we all adjust to the changes in life, your experience with us may be a little different to usual. We kindly ask you to follow our safety measures including:
- Controlled arrival and departure times for patients to ensure we maintain social distancing by using a ‘one in, one out’ approach. The waiting area is not in use.
- Please do not bring in bags and unnecessary belongings
- Please respect the two metres social distancing rules as much as possible
- Please apply the hand sanitiser provided upon entering the building
- If you have your own facemask, please wear this to the appointment. If you do not have a mask this is provided on entering the hospital.
- Please note that we are unable to accept any admissions from patients who may be suffering from or shows signs of COVID-19.
What about operations?
There is limited elective private theatre capacity whilst the private hospitals continue to support local NHS Hospitals.
Patient who contract COVID-19 before and after surgery have a possible increased risk of complications after surgery, especially if done under general anaesthetic. The risk varies depending on age and existing medical conditions.
For this reason, operations may be postponed until safe to proceed or alternative procedures done under local or regional anaesthetic may be offered.
All patients are screened for COVID-19 and a period of isolation is requested before surgery.